As a new childbirth educator, you are really excited and can’t wait to start teaching.
You’ve got your pelvis? Check.
You’ve got your labor stations? Check.
You’ve got the best snacks? Check.
Where are the students?
Here are some ways that a childbirth educator can find students:
- Word-of-mouth: One of the best ways to find students is through word-of-mouth. If you have satisfied clients, they will be happy to recommend you to their friends and family. Even before you have students, you’ve got networking and word of mouth through people who know of your new job.
- Online advertising: You can also advertise your services online. You can share about your classes in related Facebook groups that are local and related to pregnancy and parenting. There are a number of websites where you can post a paid ad, such as Craigslist, Kijiji, and Google Ads as a last resort.
- Community events: You can also attend community events, such as baby showers, playgroups, and other types of parenting education classes. This is a great way to meet potential clients and introduce them to your services.
- Hospitals and clinics: You can also approach hospitals, birth centers, homebirth practitioners, and clinics in your area. They may be looking for childbirth educators to offer classes to their patients or clients.
- Social media: You can also use social media to promote your services. You can create a Facebook page or Instagram account for your business and post regular updates about your classes and workshops.
By using a combination of these methods, you can find a steady stream of students and grow your childbirth education practice.